We are YSS:
Our therapists provide individual, family, and group therapy to youth, families, and adults through a variety of therapeutic modalities in order to alleviate identified mental health, behavioral, and/or substance use problems.
What we offer:
- $5,000 sign-on bonus
- Fun team environment
- Mission-driven work
- Wellness program offerings
- Discounts on pet insurance
- Flexible shift and hours
- Training and development opportunities
- Development of employment skills that you can take with you anywhere: teamwork, problem-solving, adaptability, communication, leadership, creativity
YSS is seeking a licensed Mental Health Therapist for our expanding Outpatient Services Program in Webster City, Iowa. YSS offers a competitive salary, supportive work environment, clinical supervision toward licensure, and training in evidence-based therapy models.
What you will need:
- A Master’s degree in social work, mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy, or psychology with a temporary license to practice the profession in the state of Iowa is required.
- Experience working with young children and families is highly preferred. Knowledge and training in the identification and treatment of substance use disorders are also desired.
What you will do:
- Through the assessment process, determine the client’s/family’sfamily’sstrengths, need for treatment, need for additional assessment, and make appropriate referrals for additional services and supports.
- Establish with each client/family an individualized and client-centered treatment plan designed to guide the therapeutic work with the client/family.
- Provide therapeutic treatment in individual, group, and family sessions.
- Maintain accurate, up to date, and professional clinical documentation.
- Document all client interactions as per agency using proficient computer skills.
- Meet agency established expectations for an average of client services provided in a week/month.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with coworkers, clients, families, and other entities involved in the care and treatment of the identified client.
- Advocate for and secure other services, supports, and resources as needed for clients to address identified problem areas.
- Participate in required activities to maintain fidelity of evidence based practice.
- Provides crisis intervention for clients and families in emergency situations.
- Submit court testimony when appropriate or required.
- Assist Clinical Director/Designee with quality assurance and utilization review processes.
- Handle confidential paperwork with care and discretion.
- Provide consultation and professional support to clinical team members.
- Provide trainings to other departments or within the community as determined necessary.
- Share “on-call” rotation periodically to support outpatient clinic after hours and on weekends.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Maintain excellent working relationships within outpatient services and with other YSS programs.
- Meet consistently with assigned supervisor.
- If temporarily licensed, seek independent licensure in the State of Iowa.
- Maintain licensure to practice identified profession in the state of Iowa.
- Ability to travel to schools and clinics within 25 miles of any YSS office location.
For questions about this position, please contact Jen Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit yss.org.