Website Webster City Area Chamber of Commerce
Position Title: Assistant to the Director
Reports to: Chamber Director
The Webster City Area Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based business community. Our mission is building business and community through economic growth, promotion, and access to leaders, education, and networking.
We serve as a local economic development entity as well as fulfil the function of the local convention and visitor’s bureau for the Webster City area. In support of our membership we encourage a shop local message and assist in the promotion of community events or amenities that may attract visitors. We also continually look for ways to enhance the quality of life in the Webster City area capable of attracting and retaining workforce.
We stand up numerous, large-scale free community events throughout the year as well as provide our members the resources, expertise, networking and promotional opportunities to grow their business.
The Webster City Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking to fill the Assistant to the Director position. This individual needs to be a cross-functional member of the team possessing a growth mindset, flexible attitude, and willingness to be a collaborative team member. This person will serve as a point-person for all organizational needs to make sure the office is prepared for upcoming events and meetings.
As a cross-functional member of the team, we are seeking an individual who is comfortable in both community facing roles and back-office operations. We need a person willing to step outside of his or her respective assigned responsibilities, interact with members and event attendees, represent the chamber as a brand, and share the workload of event management.
Bookkeeping & Administrative
Primary responsibilities include bookkeeping and organizational tasks such as, maintaining updated records of finances, membership, meeting notes, event balance sheets, invoicing, and meeting minutes. Administrative responsibilities include monthly bank statement reconciliation, weekly bill payment, account balancing, supply orders, and money transfers.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the office delivers the basic benefits of chamber membership, demonstrating ownership in these programs and services including chamber welcome bags, chamber bucks program, and activities guide distribution.
As the organizational point-person in the office, this person will also be responsible for detailing event timelines, scopes, plans, budgets, and creating templates for future events. The execution will be in collaboration with a volunteer committee, working in close partnership with the Chamber Director as the promotional point-person, to execute events that create productive and positive experiences for our membership, community, and attendees.
Excellent customer service skills including strong communication by phone, email, and in writing. This position should also have a demonstrated ability to follow-through, be actionable, or elevate requests to meet member or community needs.
This person will also ensure accurate information is updated on our website for events, sponsorships, and available commercial real estate listings, while also overseeing the chamber job board, online member directory, and calendar of events is maintained in partnership with our remote website developer.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in QuickBooks, MS Office, Google Suite, Canva, and Square
- Experience in the organizational responsibilities of event management
- Customer service experience
- Attention to detail
- Experience or understanding of financial budgets, marketing plans, and branding
- Time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Reliable, self-motivated individual, eager to learn and willing to explore new ideas/concepts
- Ability to present a professional image representing the chamber, during and outside of working hours
- Strong attendance record and proven work ethic
- A degree, some college coursework completed, or current enrollment preferably in an applicable field such as economics, community development, business, accounting, marketing, or communications.
- Willing attitude to complete other duties as assigned
- Passion for Webster City area and demonstrated interest in the community
- Ability to assist with marketing and communication materials in a collaborative manner to best present the Webster City Area Chamber of Commerce brand
- Willingness to travel periodically for professional development and trainings and desire to keep pace with trends in the industry and/or events
- Transparent communicator and willingness to partner with a variety of personalities in a fair, respectful, and truthful manner.
- Bi-lingual or willingness to learn desired
The Webster City Area Chamber of Commerce offers a 24-32 hour, 3-4 day work week, and flexible schedule depending on availability and ability to cover open office hours of 9:00AM – 4:30PM, Monday through Friday. Evening or weekend hours may be required to host special events, including but not limited JunqueFest, Webster City Market Nights, Christmas in the City, and New Year’s Eve Gala.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to WebsterCityChamber@gmail.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org