WEBSTER CITY AREA CHAMBER

boone river

The Boone River and Webster City were elected the 2007 River Town of the Year.  The Boone River is one of Iowa’s true gems.  The rapids on the Boone River are enough for any average recreation user and provide an excellent habitat for Smallmouth Bass.  If that isn’t enough, one of the tributaries to the Boone River features some of the best whitewater in Iowa. Canoe or kayaking rentals are available.

wilson brewer historic complex

Superior Street
(515) 832-9193
Come and see a part of our past.  Six historic buildings make up the complex which includes the first Hamilton County Courthouse, the second Illinois Central Railroad Depot, the Jamison Log Cabin, the Brewer Cabin, Mullberry Center Church, and Harmony Schoolhouse.  These buildings are filled with fun historical artifacts and great memories of Webster City’s past.  Click here to see a brochure.

hamilton county fairgrounds

1200 Bluff Street
(515) 832-1443
Every July the fairgrounds are home to the excitement of the Hamilton County Fair.  Enticing treats, fun entertainment, eye-catching attractions, and great rides, makes this fair one not to miss.  During the summer, weekly car racing is held at the fairgrounds on Saturday night.

Kendall young library

1201 Willson Avenue
(515) 832-9100
This historic library was a gift to the city by Kendall Young, who left his entire estate for the construction and maintenance of a free public library.  It was dedicated in 1905, expanded and restored in 1998 through donations to the People’s Project.  The library houses three extraordinary collections: the Foster Doll Collection, the Abastenia Eberle Sculptures, and the Von Ness Native American Artifacts. You are sure to be amazed at this wonderfully historic treasure.

jane young house

623 Elm Street
(515) 832-2498 by appointment
Kendall Young settled in Webster City after his adventures as a farmer, soldier, fisherman, merchant, and Gold Rush participant.  He married Jane Underdown in 1858 and soon moved here to open a mercantile and the city’s first bank.  It was in the kitchen of this home in 1888 that young Teressa Treat asked her neighbor to donate to a fund to build a library.  He turned her down, saying the group would never raise enough money to build a suitable library.  The city was therefore quite surprised in 1896 when Kendall Young left his estate to the city for the express purpose of building a library.  The main floor housed a temporary library.  The house was relocated to make room for the beautiful library and moved again for the expansion.  Today it is the home of the Webster City Women’s Club. 

webster city community theatre

1001 Willson Avenue
(515) 832-4456
Audiences have enjoyed quality comedies, musicals, dramas, mysteries and children’s productions since Webster City Community Theatre was organized in 1968.  The Performing Arts Center, acquired and remodeled in 1992, is available for recitals, meetings, receptions and family gatherings.